Friday, June 8, 2007

Our Loving And Humorous God

Tonight I experienced a different side of God. I sensed His Joy, Peace, Love and even His humor…even the children were in the presence of God just having fun in Him. At times I thought they were a distraction, but God said no. Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. (Matthew 19:14) Then I saw a green field, like the pastures in Psalm 23:2, and all of us that were there were having such a great time in the Lord. I could hear Him laughing...some of us were dancing; some were twirling, and some running with deep expression of joy upon our faces. The sky was clear...blue and white...the sun was shining....we were just having fun.

I kept hearing Him say, “I’m coming for you, wait and see.” As the music played and we were waving our banners, I heard the Lord saying whee....whee....whee ...like a child at play. I smiled and felt Him embrace me, and He said, “It’s good to relax and have fun in My presence, like a child playing ever so freely. I want you to play…it doesn't have to be church as usual, or church 24 hours / seven days a week, that's a spirit of religion. I'm not there; I'm where freedom in the Spirit is being released. I'm in places where only the free can enter, where hearts are turned towards me and not carried away by every wind of doctrine, where those who call themselves preachers of righteousness practice all sorts of idolatry. I called you to be free...so play, have fun. For you are all My children no matter what age. You can have pure, clean fun and learn how to relax in Me. Place all your concerns at the altar, and enjoy life in me, for I anoint you with My joy, peace and love." LOVE.

The Lord began to show me a clip from The Passion of Christ...one scene in particular…Jesus was a carpenter and He was building a table, and Mary asked Him about the table and chairs, and Jesus pretended to be sitting, looking at his mother smiling. My heart was filled with so much love it brought tears to my eyes. Then He took me to another scene [from the movie] when He was a little boy and He fell and His mother Mary ran to His aid and picked Him up to console Him. Then I saw Mary remembering that time, as she looked at Jesus as He fell to the floor with so much pain and agony, but His eyes were filled with LOVE and forgiveness…and a knowing that these things must take place. Then I saw Him on the cross…and my tears came rolling down my cheeks. And He said, “I died and rose again so you can LIVE.”

There's no greater joy, peace or love than when Jesus stretched out His arms for us.


- Jackie

No comments: